Here are five ways that you can protect your vision:
- Get an eye exam every year. The very first step to caring for your eyes is to get an annual eye exam, which can also detect early symptoms of other health conditions.
- Eat eye-healthy foods. A colorful diet is good for your whole body, your eyes included! Check out these 10 eye-healthy foods.
- Quit smoking. Smoking has terrible effects on your body and your eyes. People who smoke are more likely to develop eye diseases and cataracts. The more you smoke, the more your risk increases.
- Stick to the 20-20-20 rule. If you spend a lot of time with digital devices, your eyes are at risk. You can reduce the impact of the screens by taking a break every 20 minutes to look for 20 seconds at something that is 20 feet away.
- Wear UV-blocking sunglasses. Protect your eyes from damaging UV rays by wearing sunglasses outdoors.