- Don’t wipe lenses while they are dry. Debris can scratch them.
- Don’t wipe lenses with paper products. They can have rough fibers that will scratch your lenses.
- Don’t use harsh chemical including BUG SPRAY or window cleaner. These can harm your lenses and any coatings you may have on them.
- Don’t put unprotected glasses in a purse, pocket or backpack.
- Don’t leave glasses in a hot car. Especially avoid the dashboard as the windshield acts like a magnifying glass and can warp the frame and the lenses.
- Do clean your lenses regularly with an eyeglass cleaner spray and a soft cloth. You can also use warm water and a drop of dish detergent. Keep the cleaning cloths clean by washing them regularly – you can put them in the washer with your clothes.
- Do keep your glasses is their case.
- Do lay glasses lenses “up”. Do not let lenses rest against a hard surface.
- Do use both hands to take glasses on and off. Do keep them on your nose, not your head. Misaligned frames cause visual disturbances.